Samsung has announced the release of two tablets, Galaxy Tab S5e and Galaxy Tab A 10.1, a short time ago, and they are two of the best tablets in this price category and we will review in this article the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e in addition to showing its advantages and disadvantages.
Galaxy Tab S5e Design and Features
- Dimensions of the tablet: 245 x 160 x 5.5 mm.
- Tablet Weight: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is 400g.
- Screen size: 10.5 inches. supports two slots of SIM 1 and SIM 2 Nano size.
- Screen aspect ratio: 16: 10.
- The supports adding an external storage card of up to 256 GB.
- the tablet supports Type-C 1.0 charging port.
- The tablet supports the fingerprint sensor
- The traditional 3.5 mm headphone port has not been replaced.
- Radio: The tablet does not support radio playback.
Galaxy Tab S5e Screen
Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, supports 16 million different colors.
- Size: 10.5 inches.
- Screen Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels.
- Screen pixel density: 287 pixels per inch.
- Dimensions of the screen: 16:10.
- Multi-touch: Supports.
Galaxy Tab S5e Camera
Main (back) camera: 13 MP f / 2.0, plus autofocus, mono LED flash for night photography.
Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR.
- Video capture: The tablet can shoot 2160p videos at 30fps.
- Secondary camera (front): 8 megapixels, with f / 2.0 lens,
- and can shoot videos up to 1080p quality.
Galaxy Tab S5e Performance and operating system
Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Type of processor: Snapdragon 670
- CPU Speed: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- Graphics processor: Adreno 615
- Sensors: fingerprint sensor (located on the side of the tablet), acceleration,
- rotation, proximity, compass.
- Internal memory: 64 and 128 GB.
- RAM: 4 and 6 GB (RAM).
- External Storage Card: You can add an external storage card of up to 256 GB,
- User Interface: This is the new Samsung One UI interface
Battery Capacity: The Tablet came with a removable Li-Polymer battery with a capacity of 7040 mAh.
- Fast charging: The tablet supports 18W fast charging technology.
- Wireless charging: The tablet does not support wireless charging technology.
One UI software
Samsung has it’s own One UI version 1.1 software installed over Android 9 Pie. The experience is very similar to that of a Samsung Galaxy smartphone and it’s pleasant. One UI is uncluttered, logical, and neatly laid out.
No, it doesn’t look like Android on a Google Pixel, but its uniform layout makes it stylish and modern, and that’s a major plus point. App icons are consistent in size and shape, and navigation is slick and responsive if a little slow at times.
The slowness isn’t a performance issue, it’s more of a design choice, as Samsung wants you to admire the transitions and scrolling. I don’t – sometimes it’s a bit blurry – and I just want to get on with finding my app.
- Review Price: £379
- Snapdragon 670 CPU
- Slim bezel
- 7040mAh battery, USB-C
- AKG and Dolby Atmos audio
- Android 9.0 w/ OneUI
- 13-megapixel rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 245 x 160 x 5.5mm
- 400 grams
- 10.5-inch 2560 x 1600 AMOLED display
- 128GB/6GB RAM or 64GB/4GB RAM
Trusted Reviews Live Prices
Galaxy Tab S5e price
The price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e in global markets is approximately 410 euros.
What is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e ?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is an Android tablet, and one of the best alternatives to an iPad.
It’s currently Samsung’s top 2019 tab and in some ways a successor to the Galaxy Tab S4. But it uses a lower-end processor to help bring down the asking price to below £ 400 (for the 64GB version).
The main issue is the current standstill state of Android tablet progression. Tablets are great devices to entertain younger kids, but the Samsung Galaxy S5e is arguably far too fancy to fulfil that demand. A new feature such as Google Stadia support would give tablets, in general, a renewed sense of meaning.
Samsung’s previous top-end tablet followed the design philosophy of many a flagship smartphone – it featured a glass back and metal sides. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e sticks to a more traditional tablet style. It’s aluminium all-round, apart from the glass pane above the screen, of course.
Cheaper to manufacture it may have been but I prefer this design to last year’s glass-backed device. Anodised aluminium has a finely textured grain that feels great in iPads, and so it does here as well.
Samsung has trimmed down the screen borders too, although there remains sufficient room for your thumbs to rest whether you’re holding the Galaxy Tab S5e on its side or upright. This trim down also makes this 10.5-inch tablet smaller (in most dimensions) than a 9.7-inch iPad.