Precautionary measures taken by Facebook

Precautionary measures taken by Facebook – Facebook’s vice president for global affairs, Nick Clegg claims,

said Facebook had rejected an offer of 2.2 million ads on Facebook and Instagram

because the ads were trying to “block the vote” in the upcoming US presidential election.

As reported by Agence France-Presse, Clegg also added that the social media giant has

also withdrawn about 120,000 posts and has placed warnings on 150 million posts for the same reasons.

Clegg explained these reasons in an interview with the French newspaper Journal du Dimanche,

where he said that Facebook used artificial intelligence that “made it possible to easily delete billions of posts and fake accounts,

Even before users reported them,” and this has become a very important feature

in the world of social media He also noted that the company has partnered

with about 70 media outlets, including five in France, to verify the information.

Facebook has introduced fact-checking software since the 2016 election, adding it to its Instagram app last year.

The program has also been expanded since then to also include Facebook groups,

and it has benefited greatly, as misinformation is being shared frequently at this time.

And there was a report in the Wall Street Journal last week that showed the extent to which Facebook had gone in an intense bid to please conservatives,

who often complain of perceived bias in its algorithm.

Facebook has designed changes to its news feed algorithm since 2017

to reduce the appearance of content from left-leaning news sites.

Facebook also took other steps to try to mitigate the potential chaos on November 3 (America’s election period).

It has begun banning advertisements that falsely claim to win the US presidential race,

and has also dealt with ads claiming widespread voter fraud could alter election results.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here