- It is a service that will be available on April 7, 2020, at a cost of $ 5 per month for the version that also displays ads with content,
At a price of $ 8 for the ad-free version,
Quibi said it only targets smartphone users unlike other broadcast services like Netflix,
Disney Plus, and others.
How Quibi works?
Meg Whitman Chief Executive Officer and Jeffrey Katzenberg President of Kuwait
- During the conference, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Quibi President and former director of Walt Disney Studios and founder of DreamWorks, said
- They are not targeting competition from existing content streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Apple TV Plus, etc.
- Where he says that these services compete with television channels or television networks, or target TV,
While his company targets smartphones only,
and the announcement of the new service witnessed the presence of the CEO of Meg Whitman,
who is known to lead both HP and eBay previously,
- Which said that the new company succeeded in raising $ 1 billion and contracted with the biggest stars in Hollywood to provide the service that it describes as the revolution.
How does Quibi work? What distinguishes it from other services?
The new service, which is expected to be available in April 2020,
will provide video clips specifically made for smartphones of 10 minutes or less,
- But the most important thing about the new service is that it depends on a new technology called Turnstyle, which Katzenberg says is completely different from any other content viewing experience,
It is a technology that allows the user to experience a unique viewing through smartphones, where the scene is displayed horizontally,
It also displays the same scene vertically,
but from another perspective automatically.
- The new idea that Quibi offers to broadcast entertainment content is to automatically provide the same landscape and vertical view when rotating the phone,
Where the video producers shoot the scene horizontally and vertically,
then upload two video files and two separate audio files,
- Then synchronize the two video and audio files and broadcast them together at the same time by applying the service to the phone.
The company’s new broadcast service will provide the user with a unique experience,
Meg Whitman, the company’s CEO, said.
Which will distinguish it in addition to the content,
and added that the service depends on creating a completely new type of content for viewing through smartphones.
The Quibi platform, when launched on April 7, 2020, offers three different levels of content,
Includes content based on Hollywood stars called lighthouse and other content that they call quick bites or quick bites,
In addition to content focused on news and daily developments,
It is the content that provides daily information in an innovative way from reliable sources.
- Kuwait plans to release three hours of new content daily with its launch,
- As part of her effort to make viewing content across her platform a daily habit,
- The campus will also offer more than 175 original programs and 8,500 episodes of quick bites,
With programs for Kindle Jenner, 50 Cent, and Stephen Spielberg,
In addition to many other Hollywood stars.