Canon confirms that the upcoming EOS R5 camera supports 8K video recording
Canon is preparing to launch the EOS R5 in the upcoming period with 8K video recording feature
With a full sensor featuring dual pixel autofocus technology with focus and eye tracking in humans and animals.
Canon supports the upcoming camera with 8K video recording
With continuous shooting feature up to 20 frames per second
This was confirmed by the company in a recent official statement from Australia
eos r5 in its recent media release
Respond to questions raised during the previous period about the correctness of EOS R5 camera support for 8K video recording
Where the company reviewed in the statement some of the specifications of the camera.
Canon’s statement revealed the camera’s autofocus feature
With 8K video recording support at 30fps using a full sensor
To outperform the competitive versions of cameras without an internal mirror in the accuracy and depth of photography.
Canon also confirmed that all 8K video recording patterns in the EOS R5 will support Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus.
This is in addition to the EOS R5’s ability to detect the subject
keep track of the animals or people in the scene with the highest performance
The autofocus feature can support animal eye-tracking
Birds, people, or face tracking.
It is reported that Canon had previously confirmed support for the EOS R5 camera continuous shooting at 12 with mechanical shutter
20 frames per second with electronic shutter
The camera also comes with an installation feature integrated into the camera body which integrates with the installation of lenses
and the camera also supports the transfer of images automatically to the new Canon cloud service.
To make sure all the shots are safely stowed away, there will be dual card slots on both, although we still don’t know if either
both will support CFexpress or UHS-II SD cards.
It will also be the first time Canon offers in-body image stabilization on one of its shooters
lists the EOS R5
The press release also lists the EOS R5 specifications previously confirmed by Canon:
- The EOS R5 offers a step-change in performance with an incredible 12fps using the mechanical shutter and the electronic shutter offering 20fps
- The EOS R5 takes Canon’s cutting-edge image stabilization technology to the next level
- by including a newly Canon-developed, in-camera image stabilization system—which works in combination with the lens stabilization system
- With content delivery just as important as image and video capture,
- the EOS R5 supports the automatic transfer of image files from the device to the image. canon cloud platform
- The highly anticipated EOS R5 will feature dual card slots
- Upon launch, the Canon EOS R5 will also be supported by Canon Australia’s 5-year warranty when purchased from an authorized local dealer
According to the press release from Canon Australia, the EOS R5 will feature “advanced animal AF—recognizing dogs, cats, and birds,
relying not only on the eyes of the animal but also on the face and body for situations when the eyes are not visible.” (Sadly, no mention of sharks, seals or sailfish)
As for the release date, “coming soon” is all we have to go on, and given the present global productivity downturn due to the corona virus, it’s anybody’s guess when that could be.