Whatsapp company announced the suspension of support for more smartphones beginning in 2020,
Which means that more smartphone users will not be able to run the popular instant messaging application WhatsApp through their phones,
The company, owned by Facebook, has in recent years used to end support from time to time for older versions of smartphones and operating systems.
Commenting on stopping support for older devices, Whatsapp said
- The company is looking forward in the coming years to focus its efforts on operating systems for smartphones that represent the largest percentage of users ’phones,
- The company added that although the phones that it plans to stop support about were an important part of the company’s history,
However, it does not provide specifications that include taking advantage of all the features of the application,
- She also said that the decision seems difficult, but the right decision to provide the best experience for users to communicate with friends and family.
Phones that WhatsApp will not work on
- Smartphones whose users will not be able to benefit from WhatsApp services include all Windows Phone phones,
These are the phones that Microsoft recently discontinued support for,
in addition to a group of Android phones and iPhone phones.
What phones will not work on WhatsApp? And when?
All Windows Phone smartphones starting January 1, 2020.
Smartphones running Android 2.3.7 and earlier,
This is from February 1, 2020.
iPhone 7 and earlier, from February 1, 2020.
- Users can still use their WhatsApp account after that, but they will need a new smartphone (best smartphones in 2020),
Then install the latest version of Whatsapp on their phones, whether through the Apple Store for iPhone,
Or through the Google Play Store for Android phones.